LO3 Energy Inc. (San Francisco, CA)
Systems, methods, and computer program products make up a method for controlling energy data. One way is to obtain settlement information through an agreement that self-executes from at least two nodes of a network. Each node can have at most a predetermined amount of tokens, with each token representing an asset. The method involves confirming the current state of the public ledger. The method involves creating fulfillment information from the settlement data. This method involves the creation of the public ledger to update it that contains fulfillment details. Each token has a payload that describes the consumption, production, storage, or transmission of electricity.
The rapid expansion of distributed renewable energy generation at grid-edge is the direct result of various industries that are self-reinforcing. These trends collectively have both positive and negative effects for the electric distribution system as it currently exists The benefits include potential reduction in congestion at specific nodes in the distribution grid, possible delay of capital investment in infrastructure and a reduction in carbon emissions from the electric power supply chain, and the increased capacity of microgrids and participation by these energy assets, while the drawbacks include increasing difficulty of maintaining the distribution system’s voltage and frequency within the desired limits of control because more grid-edge generation is being absorbed, aswell disrupting traditional utility business models due to higher efficiency and increasing load defection.
A unique aspect of this specification is that it allows for the reception of settlement information by at least two nodes in the network. The network comprises a multiple nodes. Each node holds at most a certain number of tokens, with each token representing a amount. These techniques allow the user to verify a present state in the public ledger. Methods include the creation of fulfillment information based on the settlement data received. Methods also involve the process of contributing to an update of the public ledger using the fulfillment information; wherein each token is associated with information detailing the production, consumption and management of electricity.
In general, another innovative aspect of the subject matter described in the specification includes tokens and systems for the cryptographically-secure, automatic or autonomous control of devices comprising, connected to or remotely operatingdevices in an electrically powered network and the transaction of the benefits, costs or value created by or transacted through the devices in this electrically powered network.
Specific examples of the material that are described in this specification could be used to achieve one or several of the advantages listed below. Information related to the consumption, production, management , and transmission of electricity can be made available for sale. It’s possible to create an international platform that permits the uniformization of the acquisition process and the authorization of access to the information. You can purchase permissions to third parties for energy-related data using the market-based and native token system. A specific set of digital assets could be used to protect information regarding the consumption, production and storage and management, transmission and distribution of electricity. The digital assets may be managed and stored in a secure, blockchain based distributed fashion. Data can be classified or tagged according to classifiers that can be filtered which means that distinct subsets are available via custom-made requests. The transmission of electricity-related data may be collected and transmitted and utilized in the future to facilitate market operation and participation. The assignment and utilization of key pairs may be used to encrypt and decrypt above data for the purpose of permissioning/restricting access. Digital tokens may be used as a component of permissioningmarketplace participation for the data. A combination of a pricing mechanism and a search for data availability function, in addition to a set of access keys inside a portal, can be used to assist in the acquisition and monetization.
The description and accompanying drawings show details for one or more embodiments. The claims, drawings and description will reveal other details, characteristics or benefits to the subject matter.
Click here to view the patent on USPTO website.
Get Patents with PatentPC
What is a patent?
A patent is granted by the government to safeguard an invention patents give the inventor with the exclusive right to develop, utilize, sell and promote the invention? Society gains when a new technology is introduced to the market. The benefits may be direct terms, as it allows people to do previously impossible things. Or indirectly, due to the opportunities for economic growth (business expansion and job creation) which the invention provides.
Many pharmaceutical companies and researchers at universities seek patent protection for their work and research. Patents are granted for a product, process, or method for making new materials. To be granted patent protection an invention has to be novel, useful and not apparent to others within the same field.
Patents reward inventors who have commercially successful inventions. They provide a motivation for inventors to invent. Patents allow inventors and small companies to know that there is the possibility that they’ll get a profit on their time, effort and money spent on the development of technology. It means that they can make a living by their work.
Patents are a crucial part of businesses with the ability to:
Secure new products and services that are innovative;
Improve the visibility and the value of your product’s presence on the market
Stand out and differentiate yourself and your product from the competition.
Get business and technical details.
Avoid the danger of using proprietary third-party content or losing important information, creative outputs, or any other innovative output.
Patents can transform an inventor’s knowledge into a commercially tradeable asset that opens up new possibilities for job creation and business growth through licensing or joint ventures.
Investors involved in the commercialization and development of technology will appreciate small businesses with patent protection more appealing.
Patents can help develop new ideas and inventions. This information could be eligible for patent protection.
Patents can serve as a deterrent to untrustworthy third parties who profit from an invention’s efforts.
Patent-protected technology that is commercially profitable can be used to fund technological research and development (R&D), which can increase the chance for better technology in the future.
Intellectual ownership of property is a way to convince investors and lenders that there are real opportunities to commercialize your product. Sometimes, a single patent can lead to numerous financing possibilities. Patents can be used in conjunction with other IP assets as collateral or security to secure financing. Investors may also look at the patents you own to increase their company valuation. Forbes and other publications have pointed out that each patent can increase the value of your company by as much as $500,000 to $1 million.
Startups need a solid business plan that builds on the IP to prove that your product or service is distinctive superior, innovative, or superior. Investors will also be impressed if you can demonstrate that your IP rights are secure or are in progress of being secure, and that they are in line with your business strategy.
It is vital to keep an invention secret prior to filing for patent protection. Public divulging an invention could often damage its novelty and invalidate it. Pre-filing disclosures, such as for investors, test-marketing, or any other business partners, is best done after signing a confidentiality agreement.
There are several types of patents, and understanding them is essential to protecting your invention. Utility patents are for new processes and machine creations. Design patents cover ornamental designs. Utility patents are best to protect the proprietor from copies and competitors. They are typically issued to enhance or alter existing inventions. Patents issued under utility can be used to improve or alter existing inventions. A process patent would be a way to describe the actions or methods to perform a specific action. However, a chemical composition could be a combination of ingredients.
What’s the duration of a patent last? Utility patents last 20 years after the earliest date of filing, however their expirations can be extended because of delays at the patent office for instance.
Do you want to protect your idea? Patents are only granted to applicants who are the first to file, so you must file quickly. Call PatentPC today to file your patent application filed!
Patent searches are an essential step when you are preparing a patent application. This allows you to see other ideas and give you insight into their creations. This allows you to restrict the potential of your idea. Furthermore, you’ll learn about state of the art in your area of invention. You’ll have a better idea of what your invention ought to be, and you’ll be better prepared to write the patent application.
How to Search for Patents
A patent search is the first step towards obtaining your patent. You can do a google patent search or do a USPTO search. After the patent application has been submitted, the product that is subject to the application may be referred to as patent-pending and you can find the patent application on public pair. Once the patent office approves the patent application, you will be able to do a patent number search to locate the patent issued, and your product has been granted patent. Alongside the USPTO search engine, you can use other search engines, such as espacenet, which is described below. A patent lawyer or patent attorney can assist you with the process. In the US, patents are issued by the US trademark and patent office or by the United States patent and trademark office, which is also responsible for examining trademark applications.
Are you looking for similar patents? Here are the steps to follow:
1. Create a list of terms to describe your invention based on its purpose, composition, and usage.
Begin by writing down a concise detailed description of your invention. Don’t use generic terms like “device”, “process”, and “system”. Think about synonyms for the terms you initially chose. Also, keep track of important technical terms as well as keywords.
Utilize the following questions to help you find the keywords or concepts.
- What is the purpose of the invention? Is it a utilitarian device or an ornamental design?
- Invention is a method to create something or fulfill a function? Are you referring to an item?
- What is the basis of the invention? What is the invention’s physical constitution?
- What is the goal of this invention?
- What are the technical terms and terms used to describe an invention’s nature? A technical dictionary can assist you to find the appropriate terms.
2. Use these terms to search for relevant Cooperative Patent Classifications at the Classification Text Search Tool. If you are unable to determine the correct classification for your invention, scan through the classification’s class Schemas (class schedules). You may want to consider substituting the terms you’re using to describe your invention if you don’t get any results from your Classification Text Search with synonyms like the ones you used in Step 1.
3. Go through the CPC Classification Definition for confirmation of the CPC classification you found. If the chosen classification has a blue box with a “D” at its left, clicking on the link will lead you to a CPC classification’s description. CPC classification definitions can help determine the scope of the classification, so you are sure to select the one you consider to be the most appropriate. They may also provide search tips or other suggestions that can be useful for further study.
4. The Patents Full-Text Database and the Image Database allow you to search for patent documents that have the CPC classification. By focusing on abstracts and illustrations it is possible to narrow your search for the most relevant patent publications.
5. Take advantage of this list of most relevant patent publications to study each in detail for similarity to your invention. Pay close attention to the specifications and claims. There are many patents available through contacting the patent examiner as well as the applicant.
6. You can retrieve published patent applications that meet the CPC classification that you chose in Step 3. You may also employ the same search strategy that you utilized in step 4 to limit down your results to the most relevant patents by reading the abstracts and representative drawings on every page. Next, examine all published patent applications carefully with particular attention paid to the claims, and other drawings.
7. You can find other US patent publications by keywords in the AppFT and PatFT databases, as well as search for patents classified as that are not issued by the United States per below. Also, you can make use of search engines on the internet to find non-patent-related literature disclosures about inventions. Here are some examples:
- Add keywords to your search. Keyword searches may turn up documents that are not well-categorized or have missed classifications during Step 2. For example, US patent examiners often supplement their classification searches with keyword searches. Think about the use of technical engineering terminology rather than everyday words.
- Search for foreign patents using the CPC classification. Then, re-run the search using international patent office search engines such as Espacenet, the European Patent Office’s worldwide patent publication database of over 130 million patent publications. Other national databases include:
- European Patent Office (EPO) provides esp@cenet to access a network of Europe’s patent databases with access to machine translation of European patents.
- Japan Patent Office (JPO) – with access to machine translations of Japanese patents.
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) offers PATENTSCOPE with a full-text search of published international patent applications and machine translations for some documents, as well as a list of international patent databases.
- Korean Intellectual Property Rights Information Service (KIPRIS)
- State Intellectual Property Office (SIPO) with machine translation of Chinese patents.
- Other International Intellectual Property Offices with online patent databases include Australia, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, India, Israel, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, and Taiwan.
- Search non-patent literature. Inventions can be made public in many non-patent publications. It is recommended that you search journals, books, websites, technical catalogs, conference proceedings, and other print and electronic publications.
To review your search, you can hire a registered patent attorney to assist. A preliminary search will help one better prepare to talk about their invention and other related inventions with a professional patent attorney. In addition, the attorney will not spend too much time or money on patenting basics.