International Business Machines Corporation (Armonk, NY)
These methods can be utilized to provide a refillable filled bottle. A station receives a request from a person and then uses the information provided by the request to select and assign a clean bottle with the user. The user is charged for a bottle rental and is provided with a filled reusable bottle. It is also possible to take the empty bottle back to the station for it to be filled.
The present disclosure relates to providing a liquid filled reusable bottle to users through an area for bottles and also offering a program to share bottles for reusable bottles.
Access to water and hydration is usually essential in public spaces such as bus stations, train stations and airports. ) and fitness centers, educational institutions as well as retail spaces and workplaces as well as other public spaces. There are many public spaces that provide water as well as other beverages, but these methods can often produce unnecessary waste through the production of disposable cups or bottles. Some water access options like coolers and water fountains may have unsanitary conditions, that can make it difficult for people to discern whether the water is safe to drink. It is difficult to access safe and reliable water. Water can be transported away from the source in containers, which do not create additional waste.
There are computers that can be set up to carry out specific operations or actions. This is possible through the use of firmware, software or hardware installed onto the computer system. Many computer programs are able to be programmed to carry out specific actions or to perform certain tasks. This is accomplished through the inclusion of instructions that when executed by the apparatus for processing data will cause the device to perform these actions. A general aspect is a method. The method also involves receiving a request for a bottle from a user, choosing the sanitized bottle from the bottle storage, associating the chosen sanitized bottle with a user account for the user as well as charging the user account for the rental of a bottle, filling the bottle up with liquid, then delivering the bottle that is filled to the user. The method permits users to reuse bottles, and also provide water without creating waste. Other embodiments of this aspect comprise corresponding computer systems, apparatus, and computer programs stored on one or more computer storage devices that are each designed to carry out the actionsof the methods.
Another embodiment of the present disclosure describes that the method comprises: receiving a bottle intake from the user, allowing the bottle as used as a response to the demand for a bottle carrying out an intake procedure for the used bottle and updating the user’s account with an indication of a return bottle. This allows the user to return the bottle to an appropriate location for reuse, reducing waste production, and permitting the user to keep the bottle in their possession.
Another embodiment of the disclosure provides that the intake procedure can include the following procedures: conducting a structural examination of the used bottles and cleaning the bottles that were used and charging the rental of the bottles. In addition using the sanitized bottles will be stored in a storage system for bottles. This allows the bottle to be used again at a station without having to engage in external interactions like restocking.
A different embodiment of the disclosure states that the intake procedure can consist of performing a structural inspection of the used bottles; making payments for the cost of renting the bottles; and placing the bottles that are used in a storage unit for used bottles to be used for external sanitation. This permits certain bottles to be taken out of the system for additional inspection or for sanitation.
Another aspect of the disclosure is that the user account is connected to a service that offers bottle subscriptions. The process of affiliating the chosen bottles with the user account might include checking to see if the user is a registered member. If the user isn’t yet a member, the method may include adding the user as a new member of the bottle subscription. If the user is already a member, the method could include confirming that the method of payment has been paid and updating the count of bottles. This type of method allows users to use reusable bottles multiple times via a user account.
A different embodiment of the present disclosure might permit the user to fill the bottle with liquid by receiving an enhancement selection from the user, and adding liquid into the bottle when filling it. The advantage of this embodiment is that the user can access both liquids, like water, and additional types of flavors via a single bottle egress.
According to another embodiment of the present disclosure, the user account is associated with a health-related profile of the user. The method further may include: determining the amount of liquid contained in the bottle and updating a tracking count for the user’s in the health profile of the user. This embodiment has the advantage that users are able to track their levels of hydration as well in their intake of liquids.
According to still another embodiment of the present disclosure the method can also include: receiving a refill request from the user accepting refill bottles from the user in response to the refill request, sanitizing the refill bottle, filling the refill bottle with liquid, and providing the filled refill bottle to the user. Advantageously, this allows for a bottle associated with a user to be sanitized and filled for the user, without the need for external interactions, such as needing anew bottle. Implementations of the techniques described can comprise hardware, a process or process or computer software that is accessible to computers.
A system for sharing or renting bottles is an additional example. The system includes an arrangement for bottle storage that can hold at least one bottle. A bottle sanitizer is also included in the system. It also comes with an interface for the user that may include a user interface and a bottle egress. A liquid dispenser is also available. The control system may comprise one or more processors as well as an internal memory that holds an application program that is executed by the processors, performs an action. The operation may include: receiving a bottle request from a user through the user interaction system selecting a clean bottle from the storage structure for bottles, linking the chosen bottle with a user account for the user, charging the user account for renting a bottle, filling the associated bottle with liquid using the dispenser, and delivering the filled bottle to the user via bottle egress. Other embodiments of this aspect includecorresponding computer systems, apparatus, and computer programs recorded in one or more computer storage devices, each configured to perform the steps of the method.
Click here to view the patent on USPTO website.
Get Patents with PatentPC
What is a patent?
Patents are granted by the government to safeguard the invention. It gives the inventor the sole rights to create, use and market the idea. Society benefits when new technologies are brought for sale. The benefits may be the direct sense, since it can allow individuals to achieve previously unattainable things, or indirectly, through the economic opportunities (business growth and employment) that the innovation offers.
Many pharmaceutical companies and university researchers seek protection from patents in their work and discoveries. A patent can cover a physical or abstract product or process, or the method or composition of material that are new to the area. Patent protection must be granted to any invention that is beneficial, novel, and not yet known by other people in the same field.
Patents are a way to give inventors a reward for commercially successful inventions. They serve as a motivator for inventors to come up with new ideas. Patents permit small and emerging businesses and inventors to know that there is a good chance they will get a profit for their efforts, time and money spent on technological development. They could earn a decent income from their work.
Companies with the capacity to:
Protect your innovative products and services.
Enhance the value, appearance, and visibility of your products on the market
Stand out and differentiate yourself and your product from the rest.
Access business and technical expertise and other information;
Avoid the risk of accidentally using third-party proprietary content, or losing valuable information, innovative outputs, or any other innovative output.
Patents convert knowledge of the inventor into an asset that can be sold, which creates new opportunities for job creation through licensing and joint ventures.
Investors in the commercialization and development of technology will find small-scale businesses that have patent protection appealing.
Patenting can lead to innovative ideas and inventions. These information may be eligible for protection under patents.
Patents are a way to stop untrustworthy third parties from making money from the invention’s efforts.
The profits from technology patents that are successful and commercially viable can be used to fund technological research and development (R&D) and increase the chance of better technology in the coming years.
You can leverage intellectual property ownership to convince lenders and investors that your product has commercial potential. One powerful patent may lead to numerous financing options. You can use patents and other IP assets as collateral or security financing. Investors may also look at your patent assets to increase their company valuation. Forbes and others have stated that each patent could increase the value of a company by anything from $500,000 to $1 Million.
Start-ups need a well-constructed business plan that leverages the IP to show that your product or service is unique, superior, or innovative. Investors will be impressed if your IP rights are secure or are on the verge of being secured, and that they agree with your business plan.
It is crucial to keep your invention private until you submit a patent application for protection. The disclosures made prior to filing can often ruin its novelty and render it invalid. Disclosures that are filed prior to filing, like for investors, test-marketing or any other business partners, must be done after signing a confidentiality contract.
There are several types of patents and knowing them is essential to protecting your invention. Utility patents are for the development of new methods and machines. Design patents cover ornamental designs. Patents for utility are the best option and protect the owner against copies and competitors. Most often the utility patents are issued for improvements or modifications to existing inventions. They can also be used to improve or modify existing inventions. A process patent would describe the methods or actions of performing a particular act. But, a chemical composition will include a combination of components.
How long does a patent last? Patents for utility last 20 years after the earliest filing dates, but their expirations can be extended due to patent office delays such as.
Are you looking to protect your idea? Patents are only granted to applicants who are the first to file, therefore you need to file your patent application quickly. Contact PatentPC now to have your patent application filed!
When you are writing a patent application when you are writing a patent application, it is recommended that you conduct an internet search for patents, since the search can provide some insight into other people’s concepts. This can help you restrict the extent of your invention. Additionally, you’ll be able to discover the latest art in your field of innovation. This will help you to comprehend the scope of your invention as well as prepare for the filing of the patent application.
How to Search for Patents
Patent searches are the initial step towards obtaining your patent. You can do a google patent search or do a USPTO search. Patent-pending refers to the product that has been included in the patent application. You can search the public pair to locate the patent application. After the patent office has approved the application, you will be able to do a patent number search to find the issued patent which means that your product has been granted patent. It is also possible to use the USPTO search engine. Check out the following article for more information. It is possible to seek help from an attorney who specializes in patents. In the US, patents are granted by the US patent and trademark office or the United States patent and trademark office, which is also responsible for examining trademark applications.
Are you interested in similar patents? Here are the steps to follow:
1. Think of terms to describe your invention based upon its intended purpose, composition and application.
Write down a concise, but precise description of the invention. Do not use generic terms such as “device,” “process,” and “system.” Look for synonyms to the terms you initially chose. Next, note important technical terms and key words.
Use the questions below to help you determine key words or concepts.
- What is the purpose of the invention Is it a utilitarian device or an ornamental design?
- Does the invention consist of a method of creating something, or performing an action? Is it an item?
- What is the nature and purpose of the invention? What is the physical composition?
- What’s the purpose of the invention?
- What are the terms in the technical field and the keywords that describe an invention’s nature? To find the right terms, refer to the technical dictionary.
2. Use these terms to find pertinent Cooperative Patent Classifications for your invention at the Classification Text Search Tool. If you’re not able to find the right classification for your invention, go through the Schemas of classes (class schedules). You may want to consider substituting the terms that you’ve used for describing your invention, if you fail to find any results in your Classification Text Search with synonyms like the ones you used in Step 1.
3. Review 3. Go over the CPC Classification Definition for the CPC Classification Definition to confirm the accuracy of the CPC classification you’ve located. The link to a CPC classification definition is provided if the chosen classification title has a blue box that includes “D” to its left. CPC classification definitions can be used to identify the specific classification’s scope which is why you can be certain to pick the most pertinent. These definitions may also include research tips or other suggestions that could be helpful for further research.
4. The Patents Full-Text Database and the Image Database allow you to retrieve patent documents that include the CPC classification. By focusing your search on abstracts and drawings that are representative it is possible to narrow your search for the relevant patent documents.
5. This collection of patent publication is the best to look at for any similarities with your invention. Be sure to read the specification and claims. Consult the applicant and patent examiner for additional patents.
6. You can find the patent application that has been published and fit the CPC classification you picked in Step 3. You can apply the same strategy of searching as Step 4, narrowing your results to the most pertinent patent application by examining the abstract as well as the illustrations on every page. After that, take a close look at the patent applications published with particular attention paid to the claims and the additional drawings.
7. Locate other US patent publications by keyword searching in PatFT or AppFT databases, classification search of non-U.S. patents according to below, and searching non-patent publications of inventions with web search engines. Here are some examples:
- Add keywords to your search. Keyword searches may turn up documents that are not well-categorized or have missed classifications during Step 2. For example, US patent examiners often supplement their classification searches with keyword searches. Think about the use of technical engineering terminology rather than everyday words.
- Search for foreign patents using the CPC classification. Then, re-run the search using international patent office search engines such as Espacenet, the European Patent Office’s worldwide patent publication database of over 130 million patent publications. Other national databases include:
- European Patent Office (EPO) provides esp@cenet to access a network of Europe’s patent databases with access to machine translation of European patents.
- Japan Patent Office (JPO) – with access to machine translations of Japanese patents.
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) offers PATENTSCOPE with a full-text search of published international patent applications and machine translations for some documents, as well as a list of international patent databases.
- Korean Intellectual Property Rights Information Service (KIPRIS)
- State Intellectual Property Office (SIPO) with machine translation of Chinese patents.
- Other International Intellectual Property Offices with online patent databases include Australia, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, India, Israel, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, and Taiwan.
- Search non-patent literature. Inventions can be made public in many non-patent publications. It is recommended that you search journals, books, websites, technical catalogs, conference proceedings, and other print and electronic publications.
To review your search, you can hire a registered patent attorney to assist. A preliminary search will help one better prepare to talk about their invention and other related inventions with a professional patent attorney. In addition, the attorney will not spend too much time or money on patenting basics.