QUALCOMM Incorporated (San Diego, CA)
Certain aspects of this disclosure generally relate to methods and apparatus to enable minimum delay scheduling signaling.
Field of the Disclosure
The present disclosure’s aspects relate generally to wireless communications systems, and more specifically, to signaling scheduling delays.
Numerous wireless communication systems are used to provide a wide range of services for telecommunication, including video, data, messaging and broadcasts. These systems may employ multiple-access technologies capable of supportingcommunication with multiple users by sharing available system resources (e.g., bandwidth and transmit power). These systems with multiple access can comprise the 3GPP Long Term Evolution (LTE), LTE Advanced (LTE-A) code division multiple accessibility (CDMA), frequency division multiple acces (FDMA), frequency division multiple (FDMA) and ORTHOGONAL FINDMA – Multiple Access OFDMA systems, frequency division multiple acc (SC-FDMA) Single-carrier frequencydivision multiple access (SC-FDMA) and time division multi-accessed synchronous codes (TD-SCDMA).
A wireless multi-access network may have a number base stations (BSs) that can support simultaneous communication with multiple communication devices (also called user equipment) in certain instances. In LTEor LTE-A network, a number of gNBs may define an e NodeB (eNB). Another example is next generation radio (NR) or 5G networks. A wireless multiple access communication network could comprise a variety of distributed units (DUs) which include edge units (EUs) and edge nodes (ENs), radio head (RHs), smart heads (SRHs), transmission receipt points (TRPs), and others. in communication with a number of central units (CUs) (e.g., central nodes (CNs) and access node controllers (ANCs) and access node controllers (ANCs). ),where the set comprises several distributed units, in contact with a central unit can be identified as an access point (e.g., a NR or BS, an NR NB, a network node or a 5G NB, a next generation NB (gNB), etc.). A gNB or DU may communicate with a group of UEs via downlink channels (e.g. to transmit data between a base station to the UE) and uplink channels (e.g. for transmissions from an UE to a gNB DU).
Multiple access technologies have been incorporated into a variety of standardizations for telecommunications to create a common protocol that enables diverse wireless devices to connect at a local, national, regional, and even global level. An example of a new technology for telecommunications is the NR standard (e.g. 5G radio access). NR is a set of improvements to the LTE mobile standard that was formulated by 3GPP. It is designed to better support mobile broadband Internet access by improving spectral efficiency,lowering costs, improving services, making use of new spectrum, and better integrating with other open standards using OFDMA with a cyclic prefix (CP) on the downlink (DL) and on the uplink (UL) as well as support beamforming, multiple-inputmultiple-output (MIMO) antenna technology, and carrier aggregation.
It is necessary to improve the NR and LTE technology as the demand for mobile broadband increases. It is preferential that these enhancements be applicable to other multi-access technologies and thetelecommunication standards that utilize these technologies.
Every one of the disclosed systems, methods, or devices has several aspects. However, not one element is responsible for all the desirable characteristics. This article will discuss some features without limiting the scope of disclosure set forth in the claims. After considering this discussion, and particularly after reading the section entitled “Detailed Description” one will understand how the features of this disclosure provide advantages that include improvedcommunications between access points and stations in a wireless network.
Some aspects of the disclosure pertain to signaling information to schedule information.
Certain aspects of the disclosed invention provide a method to enable wireless communication between user equipment (UE). The method involves receiving the physical downlink channel (PDCCH) together with downlink information (DCI),signaling a scheduling parameter indicating that there is a delay between the close of the PDCCH and the start of the transmission that is scheduled to be transmitted by the PDCCH. The determination of the value of the scheduling parameter is performed and at least one action is taken in the response.
The invention described herein describes a method of wirelessly communicate with a network organization using specific aspects. This method involves configuring an user device (UE) with the minimum threshold to determine a scheduling parameter that determines a time interval between the beginning of the PDCCH transmission and the end of a physical control channel (PDCCH).
The terms “methods” generally refer to apparatus, systems that are computer-readable mediums and processing systems, as substantially described herein in relation to and as illustrated by the drawings accompanying them.
In order to achieve the foregoing goals and their related ones To achieve these and other goals, the various aspects comprise the features hereinafter fully described and particularly described in the claims. The attached drawings and the description below provide examples of one or more aspects. These examples are representative, however, of but one of the numerous ways that the fundamentals of the various aspects could be employed, and this description is meant to cover all suchaspects and their equivalents.
Click here to view the patent on USPTO website.
Get Patents with PatentPC
What is a patent?
A patent is granted by the government to protect an invention a patent provides the inventor with the exclusive right to create, use, market and promote the invention? society is benefited when a brand new technology is brought to the market. The benefits can be in the direct sense, since it can allow individuals to achieve previously unattainable things, or indirectly, due to the opportunities for economic growth (business growth and employment) which the invention provides.
Many pharmaceutical companies and researchers at universities seek protection under patents for their work and discoveries. Patents can be granted for products, processes, or method of making new materials. Patent protection has to be granted to any invention that is valuable or novel and is not yet known by other people in the same area.
Patents reward inventors who have commercially viable inventions. They serve as a motivator for inventors to come up with new ideas. Patents enable inventors and small companies to know that there is a good chance they will receive a return on their time, effort, and money invested in the development of technology. It means that they can earn a living from their work.
Businesses with the ability to:
Protect the latest products and services;
Enhance the visibility and worth of your products ‘ presence on the market
Make your company and products stand out from the competition;
Get technical and business information.
Beware of accidentally using content from third parties or loosing valuable information, innovative outputs or any other creative output.
Patents transform inventors’ information into a tradeable asset that opens up new possibilities to create jobs and boost expansion of business by licensing or joint ventures.
Investors who are involved in the development and commercialization of technology may find small businesses with patent protection to be more attractive.
Patenting can generate innovative ideas and inventions. This information could encourage creativity and could be eligible to be protected by patents.
Patents can serve as a deterrent to untrustworthy third-party companies that profit from an invention’s efforts.
Commercially successful patent-protected technology revenues could be used to fund technological research and development (R&D) that will improve the chances of developing better technology in the near future.
It is possible to use the intellectual property rights of your company to convince investors and lenders that your product is a viable commercial potential. A single patent could open the door for many financing opportunities. You can utilize patents and other IP assets as collateral or security financing. You may also present investors with your patent assets to boost company valuation. Forbes and others have stated that every patent can boost company valuation by anywhere from $500,000 to $1 million.
A properly-constructed business plan is crucial for start-ups. It must be founded on IP and explain how your product/service is distinctive. Investors will be impressed if you have IP rights are secure or in the process to being secured, and that they support your business strategy.
It is important to keep your patent protection applications secret when you’ve invented something. Public divulging an invention could be detrimental to its originality and make it invalid. Therefore, prior filing disclosures (e.g. for test-marketing investors, test-marketing, or for other business partners) must only be done following the signing of a confidentiality agreement.
There are several types of patents, and understanding them is essential to protecting your invention. Utility patents are for new processes and machine creations. Design patents cover ornamental designs. Patents for utility are the most effective because they shield the proprietor from copycats and other competitors. They are typically granted to improve or alter existing inventions. Utility patents can also be used to improve or alter existing inventions. A process patent would be a way to describe the actions or methods to perform a specific action. A chemical composition could be an amalgamation of components.
What is the typical length of patents? Although utility patents are valid up to 20 years from their initial filing, they can be extended by delays in the patent office.
Do you want to patent your ideas? Patents are only granted to the first-to-file applicants which is why you must file as quickly as possible. Contact PatentPC today to get your patent application approved!
Patent searches are essential when you are drafting the patent application. This allows you to see different ideas and provide insight into the potential of them. This can help you limit the potential of your invention. Also, you can learn about the state of the art within your area of invention. This will help you to know the extent of your invention and prepare you to file your patent application.
How to Search for Patents
A patent search is the first step in obtaining your patent. You can do a google patent search or do a USPTO search. Once the patent application is submitted, the product that is subject to the application may be called patent-pending, and you can locate the patent application on public pair. After the patent office approves your application, you’ll be able to conduct a patent number look to discover the patent granted. Your product will be patented. It is also possible to use the USPTO search engine. See below for details. For assistance, consult an attorney who specializes in patents. Patents in the United States are granted by the US trademark and patent office or the United States patent office. The office also examines trademark applications.
Are you looking for similar patents? These are the steps to follow:
1. Create a list of terms to describe your invention based on the intention, composition, and usage.
Write down a concise detailed explanation of your invention. Avoid using generic terms like “device”, “process”, and “system”. Instead, consider synonyms to the terms you selected initially. Also, keep track of crucial technical terms, as well as keywords.
To help you recognize terms and keywords, you can use the questions below.
- What is the objective of the invention Is it a utilitarian device or an ornamental design?
- Does the invention consist of a method of creating something or carrying out a function? Is it a product or procedure?
- What is the nature and purpose of the invention? What is the physical composition of the invention?
- What is the goal of this invention?
- What are the technical terms and keywords used to describe an invention’s nature? To assist you in finding the right terms, refer to a technical dictionary.
2. Use these terms to find relevant Cooperative Patent Classifications at the Classification Text Search Tool. To determine the most suitable classification to your invention, go through the resulting classification’s class Schemes (class schedules). If you don’t get any results using the Classification Text Search, you may want to consider replacing the words for describing your invention using synonyms.
3. Go through 3. Review the CPC Classification Definition to verify the validity of the CPC classification you’ve discovered. The link to the CPC classification definition will be given if the chosen classification title is a blue square with a “D” on its left. CPC classification definitions will help identify the specific classification’s purpose, so you are sure to select the most relevant. In addition the definitions may include research tips and other suggestions which could be helpful for further research.
4. The Patents Full-Text Database and the Image Database allow you to retrieve patent documents that include the CPC classification. By focusing your search on abstracts and representative drawings, you can narrow down your search to find the most relevant patent publications.
5. Take advantage of this list of most pertinent patent documents to study each one in depth for any similarities to your invention. Be sure to read the specification and claims. Refer to the applicant and patent examiner for additional patents.
6. You can retrieve patent applications published in the public domain that meet the CPC classification that you chose in Step 3. You may also employ the same method of search that you employed in Step 4 to narrow down your search results to only the most relevant patent applications by reviewing the abstracts and drawings on every page. After that, take a close look at the patent applications that have been published, paying particular attention to the claims and the additional drawings.
7. You can find other US patent publications by keyword searching in AppFT or PatFT databases, as well as classification searching for non-U.S. Patents as per below. Also, you can use web search engines to search non-patent documents that describe inventions in the literature. Here are a few examples:
- Add keywords to your search. Keyword searches may turn up documents that are not well-categorized or have missed classifications during Step 2. For example, US patent examiners often supplement their classification searches with keyword searches. Think about the use of technical engineering terminology rather than everyday words.
- Search for foreign patents using the CPC classification. Then, re-run the search using international patent office search engines such as Espacenet, the European Patent Office’s worldwide patent publication database of over 130 million patent publications. Other national databases include:
- European Patent Office (EPO) provides esp@cenet to access a network of Europe’s patent databases with access to machine translation of European patents.
- Japan Patent Office (JPO) – with access to machine translations of Japanese patents.
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) offers PATENTSCOPE with a full-text search of published international patent applications and machine translations for some documents, as well as a list of international patent databases.
- Korean Intellectual Property Rights Information Service (KIPRIS)
- State Intellectual Property Office (SIPO) with machine translation of Chinese patents.
- Other International Intellectual Property Offices with online patent databases include Australia, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, India, Israel, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, and Taiwan.
- Search non-patent literature. Inventions can be made public in many non-patent publications. It is recommended that you search journals, books, websites, technical catalogs, conference proceedings, and other print and electronic publications.
To review your search, you can hire a registered patent attorney to assist. A preliminary search will help one better prepare to talk about their invention and other related inventions with a professional patent attorney. In addition, the attorney will not spend too much time or money on patenting basics.