WING AVIATION LLC (Mountain View, CA)
An apparatus is provided to trigger an operational portion of a system move. This technique is based on driving a control or power signal via a conductor coupling member. The coupling member connects between two terminals of a power circuit. It also secures the operational part to the structural component. The method includes detecting an electrical disconnect between the first terminal and the second terminal. The method involves the determination of a mechanical break that is associated with the coupling component based on the electrical disconnect between the first terminal and the second. The method involves causing the operational member of the system to stop its movement in accordance with the determination of the mechanical break that is associated with the coupling member.
Unmanned vehicles, also known as autonomous vehicles, are those that operate independently of a human operator. Unmanned vehicles are able to operate in remote-control modes, autonomous modes, or apartially autonomous modes.
When an unmanned vehicle operates in a remote-control mode a pilot or driver that is in a remote location can direct the unmanned vehicle using commands that are sent to the unmanned vehicle via an internet connection. If the vehicle is operating in an autonomous mode, the vehicle usually moves in accordance with pre-programmed navigation wayspoints, dynamic automation systems, or any combination of these. Some autonomous vehicles are capable of operating in a remote-control or autonomous mode. In certain instances they might even be able to do both simultaneously. Remote pilots or drivers may want to control the navigation, while also performing manual tasks, such as picking up objects from mechanical systems.
Unmanned vehicles of various types are used in a variety of different types of environments. For instance, there are unmanned vehicles for use in the air or on the ground, underwater, and even in space. Quad-copters, tail-sitter UAVs , and others are just a few examples. Unmanned vehicles also exist for hybrid applications where multi-environment operations are possible. An amphibious craft capable of operating on both land and water or a floating aircraft capable of landing on water and land are examples of hybrid unmanned vehicles. There are other possibilities.
UAVs as well as aerial vehicles can include operational members that can be moved to carry out certain functions. Motors can drive a propeller to lift the vehicle. This may enable a UAV to, for instance to carry products. In certain circumstances, a coupling member, like a screw, clip, strap or something similar, might be broken or loose, and cause one or more operational members to become unsecure from a structuralmember like a boom arm of the UAV. In these situations the operational member could continue to move, but because it is not secured from the structural member and is not operating as anticipated. This could negatively impact other parts of the system because it introduces ambiguity in the operation of at least one part of the system.
As a result, it would be desirable to trigger an operational member secured to a structural member by using a coupling member to stop moving responsive to a mechanical break in the coupling member. This could allow the system tooperate more predictably or even while performing one or more actions responsive to the mechanical break.
The present inventions offer an aerial vehicle, a method, and system in which the operational member ceases to move in response to a mechanical rupture in a coupling. The power circuit can be utilized to provide a power or control signal to the member that is operating. A conductive coupling element is a component of the power circuit. The coupling member is located in the power circuit such that, if the coupling member experiences an electrical break it stops receiving the power signal or the control signal, and then ceases to move.
Within examples, the operational member includes an electric motor that is designed to move a propeller and the coupling member includes the screw. The screw could be made of a conductive metal and is a component of the power circuit. When the threads of the screw get removed, the screw will no will be able to hold the motor securely to the structural component (e.g., a boom arm on the aerial vehicle). Furthermore, since the control or power signal is transmitted to the motor through the screw, the threads being strippedalso prevents the motor from receiving the power or signal for control. In this case and in other cases the conductive properties of a coupling member can be used to sense and limit mechanical breakdowns in the system.
In one aspect there is an aerial vehicle provided. The aerial vehicle is equipped with an electrical power circuit. The operational component of the aerial vehicle is designed to react to the power or control signal generated by its power circuit. The aerial vehicle has an element of structural design that can stabilize one or more of the operational members of the aerial vehicle. A coupling component is used to connect the operational member to the structural members at an place. A conductive material is incorporated into the power circuit that connects the first and the second terminals of the. The mechanical breaking of coupling members leads to: (i), the operational member being freed from the structural component at the contact points and (ii), an electrical disconnection between the first and second terminals. The electrical disconnect interrupts the power or control signal, thus preventing the operational member’s movement.
In another way the method is described. The method includes causing an operational member of an apparatus to move. This method involves the transmission of a power or control signal through a conductor coupling member. The coupling member is connected to a first and second terminals in the power circuit. It also connects the functional member to the structural member. This method is used to detect an electrical disconnect between the first and second terminals. The method also includes the determination of a mechanical break that is associated with the coupling member based on the electrical disconnect between the first terminal and the second. The method includes causing the operational member ofthe system to stop moving depending on the identification of the mechanical break that is associated with the coupling member.
A system is also offered in another way. The system includes an energy circuit. The system comprises a variety of operational members designed to move responsive to receiving specific control or power signals from the power circuit. The system includes the structural member or members designed to stabilize the plurality of operational members. The system comprises a variety of coupling members that are designed to join the plurality of operational members to the one or more structuralmembers at a plurality of contact points. Each of the coupling members comprises an conductive material which is incorporated into the power circuit between the respective first and second terminals. A mechanical break in a particular coupling member causes: (i) the respective operational member corresponding the respective coupling members to break away from the structural member that is corresponding to the contact points that correspond, and (iii) an electrical disconnect between the first and second terminals. The electrical disconnect stops a respective power or control signal from reaching the respective operational member and thereby stops the respectiveoperational member from moving. The present embodiments also provide a system. The system comprises means for causing the operational part of the system to move. It also has the ability to drive an electric signal or a control signal via a conductivecoupling element. The conductive coupling member is connected between a primary terminal and a second in a power circuit, and the coupling member is used to secure the operational component to a structural component of the system. The system has means to detect an electrical connection between the terminals first and second. The system includes means for finding a mechanical break with the coupling component based on the disconnect in electrical power between the first terminal and thesecond terminal. Based on the identification of the break in the mechanical connection to the coupling member the system is equipped with means to cause the member that is operating to stop its movement.
This, along with other advantages, aspects, and alternative options will be apparent to anyone with a basic understanding in the field by going through the detailed description and referring, where appropriate, to the accompanying drawings. It is essential to recognize that this summary section, as well as other sections of this document are intended to show the subject matter claimed and not to limit the scope of the subject matter.
Click here to view the patent on USPTO website.
Get Patents with PatentPC
What is a patent?
The government grants patents to protect an invention patents grant the inventor exclusive rights to develop, utilize, sell and promote the invention?society gains when a innovative technology is introduced into the marketplace. The benefits may be direct terms, as it can allow people to accomplish previously unattainable things. Or indirectly, by the economic benefits (business growth and job opportunities) which the invention provides.
Patent protection is demanded by many universities and pharmaceutical companies for their research and development. Patents may cover a physical or abstract product or process, or a method or composition of material unique to the field. To be granted patent protection an invention has to be useful, new and not be obvious to others within the same subject.
Patents give inventors a chance to be recognized for commercially successful inventions. They are an incentive to inventors to come up with new ideas. Patents permit entrepreneurs and inventors to know that there’s the possibility that they’ll be paid back on their time, effort and investment in the development of technology. They can earn money through their work.
Patents are a crucial part of firms and can be used to:
Secure your products and services
Enhance the visibility and worth of your product’s presence on the market
Differentiate yourself and your products from the rest.
Get technical and business information.
Avoid the risk of accidentally using third-party proprietary content, or losing your valuable data, original outputs, or other creative output.
Patents can transform an inventor’s knowledge into a marketable asset that opens up new possibilities for employment creation and business growth by licensing or joint ventures.
Small companies that have patent protection are more appealing to investors in the development and commercialization of technology.
Patenting could lead to the development of innovations and new ideas. These information may be protected by patents.
Patents can be used as an effective deterrent for untrustworthy third parties that profit from the efforts of an invention.
Patent-protected technology revenue that is commercially viable can be used to fund technological research and development (R&D) that will improve the chances of a better technology in the near future.
You can use intellectual property ownership to convince investors and lenders that your product is a viable commercial value. One patent that is powerful could provide multiple financing opportunities. Patents and other IP assets are able to be utilized as collateral or security for financing debt. Investors are also able to view your patent assets in order to increase the value of your company. Forbes and others have noted that each patent can increase anything from $500,000 to 1 million dollars to your company’s valuation.
A solid business plan is vital for startups. It must be built on IP and explain what your service or product is distinctive. In addition, investors will be impressed if you can prove that your IP rights are secure or in progress of being secure, and that they align with your business strategy.
It is vital to keep an invention secret prior to filing for patent protection. A public divulging of an invention prior to filing could often sabotage its novelty and make it invalid. Disclosures that are filed prior to filing, like for investors, test-marketing or any other business partners should be done only after signing a confidentiality contract.
There are a variety of patents. Understanding the different types of patents is vital to protect your invention. Utility patents protect new processes and machine creations. Design patents cover ornamental designs. Utility patents are the best since they protect the proprietor from copycats and other competitors. Frequently they are granted for alterations or improvements to existing inventions. Utility patents also cover enhancements and modifications in existing inventions. A process patent would cover the acts or methods of performing a specific act. But, a chemical composition could be an amalgamation of ingredients.
What is the typical length of patents? Utility patents last 20 years after the earliest date of filing, however their expirations may be extended due to patent office delays for instance.
Do you want to patent your ideas? Patents are only granted to applicants who are the first to file, so you must file quickly. Contact PatentPC today to file your patent application filed!
Patent searches are a must when you are drafting the patent application. This allows you to look at other concepts and provide insight into them. You’ll be able to narrow down the nature of your invention. Furthermore, you’ll learn about state of the technological advancements in your field of innovation. This will help you to understand the scope of your invention as well as prepare you for filing your patent application.
How to Search for Patents
The first step to get your patent is to do an internet search for patents. You can do a google patent search or do a USPTO search. Patent-pending is the term for the product included in the patent application. You can use for the public pair to locate the patent application. When the patent office is satisfied with your application, you will be able to do a patent number look to locate the patent that was issued. Your product will then become a patent. It is also possible to use the USPTO search engine. Check out the following article for more information. You can get help from a patent lawyer. Patents in the United States are granted by the US trademark and patent office as well as the United States patent office. This office also evaluates trademark applications.
Are you interested in similar patents? These are the steps you should follow:
1. Brainstorm terms that describe your invention based upon the purpose, composition and usage.
Begin by writing down a brief, precise description of your invention. Avoid using generic terms like “device”, “process”, and “system”. Think about synonyms for the terms you initially chose. Then, note significant technical terms, as well as key words.
To help you identify keywords and concepts, use the following questions.
- What’s the goal of the invention? Is it a utilitarian device or an ornamental design?
- Is inventing a method to come up with something or to perform some function? Or is it a product or procedure?
- What is the nature and purpose of the invention? What is the physical makeup of the invention?
- What’s the objective of this invention?
- What are the technical terms and terms used to describe an invention’s nature? To help you find the appropriate terms, use a technical dictionary.
2. These terms will allow you to find pertinent Cooperative Patent Classifications at Classification Search Tool. To determine the most suitable classification to your invention, look through the resulting classification’s class Schemes (class schedules). If you don’t see any results from the Classification Text Search, you may consider substituting the words for describing your invention with synonyms.
3. Go through 3. Go over the CPC Classification Definition to verify the relevancy of the CPC classification that you’ve found. If the chosen classification includes a blue square with an “D” at its left, clicking on the hyperlink will take you to the CPC classification definition. CPC classification definitions can aid you in determining the classification’s subject matter so that you can choose the most relevant. In addition the definitions may include some tips for searching and other information that could be helpful in further study.
4. Find patent documents that have the CPC classification from the Patents Full-Text and Image Database. You can review and narrow down the relevant patent publications by focusing first on the abstract and the drawings that are representative.
5. This list of patent publications is the most appropriate to check for similarity to your invention. Be sure to read the specification and claims. You may find additional patents through contacting the patent examiner as well as the applicant.
6. Find patent applications published in the public domain using the CPC classification you chose in Step 3 of the Applications Full-Text and Image Database. You can apply the same method of search as Step 4, narrowing your search results to the most pertinent patent application by looking at the abstract and representative illustrations on every page. Next, examine all published patent applications carefully and pay particular attention to the claims and other drawings.
7. You can search for other US patent publications using keyword searching in the AppFT and PatFT databases, as well as search for patents classified as not from the United States per below. Also, you can make use of search engines on the internet to find non-patent patent disclosures in literature about inventions. For instance:
- Add keywords to your search. Keyword searches may turn up documents that are not well-categorized or have missed classifications during Step 2. For example, US patent examiners often supplement their classification searches with keyword searches. Think about the use of technical engineering terminology rather than everyday words.
- Search for foreign patents using the CPC classification. Then, re-run the search using international patent office search engines such as Espacenet, the European Patent Office’s worldwide patent publication database of over 130 million patent publications. Other national databases include:
- European Patent Office (EPO) provides esp@cenet to access a network of Europe’s patent databases with access to machine translation of European patents.
- Japan Patent Office (JPO) – with access to machine translations of Japanese patents.
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) offers PATENTSCOPE with a full-text search of published international patent applications and machine translations for some documents, as well as a list of international patent databases.
- Korean Intellectual Property Rights Information Service (KIPRIS)
- State Intellectual Property Office (SIPO) with machine translation of Chinese patents.
- Other International Intellectual Property Offices with online patent databases include Australia, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, India, Israel, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, and Taiwan.
- Search non-patent literature. Inventions can be made public in many non-patent publications. It is recommended that you search journals, books, websites, technical catalogs, conference proceedings, and other print and electronic publications.
To review your search, you can hire a registered patent attorney to assist. A preliminary search will help one better prepare to talk about their invention and other related inventions with a professional patent attorney. In addition, the attorney will not spend too much time or money on patenting basics.