MIDEA GROUP CO., LTD. (Foshan, CN)
A camera or two are integral to an air conditioning system. The air conditioner control unit captures pictures of the surroundings from the one or two cameras and calculates a first set of factors based on the analysis of the images using the predefined machine learning models. The control unit, conformity with the initial set of factors that have been determined based on the examination of the images by the predefined machine learning models, selects a first operation profile from a plurality of predefined profiles that control the air conditioning operation units.
Air conditioners are electronic devices which, through heating, cooling as well as humidifying or dehumidifying controlling air flow and humidity. They keep air inside an area (e.g. or an area, a hall, etc.) at a certain condition. This could be as simple as keeping the temperature within a defined temperature range and/or keeping a certain humidity level. Air conditioners are typically controlled in accordance with manual settings and/or preprogrammed operation profiles.Conventional air conditioners are typically installed and their operation profiles set by users without on-site or real-time guidance. Additionally, traditional air conditioners are only capable of switching automatically between pre-programmed operation profiles with preselected trigger conditions (e.g. or based on a timer, an arbitrary temperature threshold.). These limitations make it difficult to optimize the operation of the air conditioners . They also consume energy, and can affect the user comfort.
As discussed in the background, a standard air conditioning unit does not take into account the varied conditions in different operational settings and installation settings and is unable to provide on-site guidance or real-time adjustments to the installation and/or the operation of the unit to accommodate the varied conditions in the different installation settings and operating environments. The embodiments disclosed herein utilize computer vision and local intelligentdecision-making to address at least some of the shortcomings of the conventional air conditioning systems and control methods thereof.
Computer vision has made great advances in various areas due to deep learning. The accuracy of the data obtained from images could be used in further applications.
In certain embodiments the method of controlling the air conditioner is in the following manner: With an electronic device with one or more processors and memory, the electronic devices can be connected to one, or more cameras, and one or both, air conditioning operations units. The first set of factor comprises a layout of the environment surrounding the units that are air-conditioned. The layout is determined by analysing the photos through one of several predefined machinelearning models. Each of the predefined operating profiles defines a range of values for each control parameter from the variety of control parameters that are predefined.
Some embodiments include modifications to a value range in at least one of the predefined control parameters of the first profile of operation according to the first set factors determined based on analysis of one or more photos using one or more computer learning models.
In certain instances, the method includes: determining a second set of factors, including the condition of an object recognized in the surrounding environment of the air conditioning units by analyzing of the one or more images through the one or more predefined machine-learning models and, in accordance with the second set of factors which have been determined through the analysis of the various images by using one or more predefined machine learning models, selecting acurrent value for a first control parameter of the first profile of operation within the range of values which has been altered according to the first list of factors, to operate the air conditioning operation units.
In certain embodiments the first set comprises the location of the window within the surroundings of one or more air conditioning units. The second set comprises the open/closed state.
In some instances, the first factor includes the location of a specific kind of furniture in the surroundings of one or more air conditioner operation units. The second factor includes the presence or absence of people at the position or the environment around the first type furniture.
In certain instances the second set of factors may include a motion state for people at the position where the first furniture type is in the environment that surrounds the air cooling units.
In some cases the second set of data includes the temperature of those who sit at the first furniture type in the environment surrounding the air conditioning units.
In certain embodiments, an air conditioning system comprises cameras as well as an operation unit, and an air conditioner control device that implements any of the procedures described in this document. In some examples the electronic device could contain one or more processors, memory storing one, or more programs, as well as instructions for performing or causing the performance of any of these operations. In accordance with some embodiments, a computer readable storage medium stores instructions, which, when executed by an electronic device allow the device to carry out or cause performance of the operations of any of the methods described herein. Electronic devices can comprise means to capture images, air conditioning operations and means for executing or causing the execution of any of these actions.
The following descriptions will show you the numerous benefits of this application.
Click here to view the patent on USPTO website.
Get Patents with PatentPC
What is a patent?
Granted by the government to safeguard an invention, patents give the inventor exclusive rights to develop, utilize the invention, market and promote the invention? Society is benefited when a brand new technology is introduced to the market. The benefits can be realized directly as people are able to achieve previously unattainable feats, or indirectly by the economic opportunities which innovation can bring (business growth, jobs).
Many pharmaceutical companies and researchers at universities seek patent protection for their research and developments. A patent can cover an abstract or physical product or process or a method or composition of materials unique to the field. In order to be granted protection under a patent an invention has to be useful, new and not be obvious to other people within the same subject.
Patents are a way to honor inventors who have commercially profitable inventions. They act as a motivator for inventors to come up with new ideas. Small businesses and inventors are sure that they will earn an income from their investment in technology advancement through patents. It means that they can make a living by their work.
Businesses that have the capacity to:
Protect your innovative products and services.
Improve the value, the visibility, and attractiveness of your products on the market;
Make your company and products stand out from others;
Find out about business and technical information.
Beware of accidentally downloading third-party content or losing important information, original outputs, or any other outputs that are creative.
Patents effectively transform the inventor’s information into a tradeable asset which opens new opportunities for employment creation and business growth by licensing or joint ventures.
Small-scale businesses with patent protection will be more attractive to investors in the development and commercialization of technology.
Patenting can generate fresh ideas and innovative inventions. The information you create may be eligible for patent protection.
Patents can be used to prevent untrustworthy third parties from making money through the work of inventions.
Patent-protected technology that is commercially profitable can be used for financing research and development (R&D) that increases the likelihood of a better technology in the near future.
It is possible to use the intellectual property rights of your company to convince investors and lenders that your product has real commercial value. Sometimes, a single patent can lead to multiple financing opportunities. You can use patents and other IP assets as collateral or security for financing. You can also show investors the patents you own to increase the value of your business. Forbes and others have noted that each patent can increase the value of a company by anything from $500,000 to $1 Million.
A well-constructed business plan is essential for new businesses. It must be built on IP and show the way your product or service is distinctive. Additionally, investors will be impressed when you demonstrate that your IP rights are secured or is in the process of becoming secure and they are in line with your business plan.
It is essential to protect an invention prior to filing a patent application. Public disclosure of an invention can often damage its novelty and render it invalid. Pre-filing disclosures, such as for investors, test-marketing or any other business partners should only be done after the signing of a confidentiality agreement.
There are many kinds of patents. Understanding them is crucial to protect your invention. Patents for utility cover processes and machine creations. Design patents cover ornamental designs. Patents for utility are the most effective since they protect the proprietor from copycats as well as other competitors. Utility patents are often granted to enhance or modify existing inventions. Utility patents can also be used to improve or alter existing inventions. For example, a process patent will be able to cover actions or methods of performing a specific act, whereas a chemical composition will include the combination of ingredients.
How long will a patent last? Patents for utility last for 20 years from the initial filing dates, but their expirations can be extended due to delays at the patent office such as.
Do you want to patent your ideas? As patents are only granted for first-to-file applicants You must make your application quickly. Contact PatentPC to speak with a patent attorney PatentPC to patent your idea now!
When you’re writing your patent application it is recommended to conduct a patent search, as it will provide you with some insights into other people’s ideas. This will allow you to restrict the scope of your idea. Furthermore, you’ll discover the latest art in your field of innovation. This will assist you in know the extent of your invention and help prepare for the filing of the patent application.
How to Search for Patents
Patent searches are the first step towards obtaining your patent. You can do a google patent search or do a USPTO search. Patent-pending is the name used to describe the product included in the patent application. You can search for the public pair to locate the patent application. When the patent office has endorsed the application, you are able to conduct a patent number search to locate the issued patent, and your product has been granted patent. It is also possible to use the USPTO search engine. Check out the following article for more information. For assistance, you can consult an attorney for patents or a patent attorney. In the US patents are issued through the US patent and trademark office, or the United States patent and trademark office, which also examines trademark applications.
Are you interested in finding other similar patents? Here are the steps to follow:
1. Think of terms to describe your invention based upon its purpose, composition, and use.
Start by writing down a concise and precise description of your invention. Don’t use generic terms such as “device”, “process” or “system”. Instead, think about synonyms for the terms you chose initially. Also, keep track of crucial technical terms and key words.
To help you find terms and keywords, you can use the questions below.
- What is the objective of the invention Is it a utilitarian device or an ornamental design?
- Is the invention a method of creating something or executing an action? Does it constitute a product?
- What is the structure of the invention? What is the physical structure of the invention?
- What is the purpose of this invention?
- What are the terms and phrases in the field of technology used to define the nature of an invention? To help you find the appropriate terms, use the technical dictionary.
2. These terms enable you to look up relevant Cooperative Patent Classifications on the Classification Search Tool. If you’re unable to find the right classification for your invention, look through the classification’s class Schemas (class schedules) and try again. You may want to consider substituting the terms that you’ve used for describing your invention, if you don’t receive any results from your Classification Text Search with synonyms similar to the words you used in Step 1.
3. Check the CPC Classification Definition for confirmation of the CPC classification you found. If the selected classification title includes a blue square with a “D” to its left, the link will lead you to the CPC classification’s description. CPC classification definitions can be used to identify the scope of the classification, so you are certain to choose the one that is pertinent. In addition they can provide search tips and other suggestions that may be useful for further research.
4. The Patents Full-Text Database and the Image Database allow you to find patent documents that are accompanied by the CPC classification. By focusing on abstracts and illustrations you can narrow your search for the relevant patent documents.
5. Take advantage of this list of most relevant patent publications to study each in detail for similarity to your own invention. Be sure to read the claims and specification. Contact the applicant as well as the patent examiner for additional patents.
6. You can retrieve published patent applications that meet the CPC classification you picked in Step 3. You can use the same strategy of searching as in Step 4. You can narrow your search results down to the most pertinent patent application through the abstract and illustrations on every page. Next, carefully examine the patent applications that have been published with particular attention paid to the claims and the additional drawings.
7. Locate additional US patent publications by keyword searching in PatFT or AppFT databases, classification searching of non-U.S. patents per below, and searching non-patent literature disclosures of inventions using web search engines. Here are some examples:
- Add keywords to your search. Keyword searches may turn up documents that are not well-categorized or have missed classifications during Step 2. For example, US patent examiners often supplement their classification searches with keyword searches. Think about the use of technical engineering terminology rather than everyday words.
- Search for foreign patents using the CPC classification. Then, re-run the search using international patent office search engines such as Espacenet, the European Patent Office’s worldwide patent publication database of over 130 million patent publications. Other national databases include:
- European Patent Office (EPO) provides esp@cenet to access a network of Europe’s patent databases with access to machine translation of European patents.
- Japan Patent Office (JPO) – with access to machine translations of Japanese patents.
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) offers PATENTSCOPE with a full-text search of published international patent applications and machine translations for some documents, as well as a list of international patent databases.
- Korean Intellectual Property Rights Information Service (KIPRIS)
- State Intellectual Property Office (SIPO) with machine translation of Chinese patents.
- Other International Intellectual Property Offices with online patent databases include Australia, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, India, Israel, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, and Taiwan.
- Search non-patent literature. Inventions can be made public in many non-patent publications. It is recommended that you search journals, books, websites, technical catalogs, conference proceedings, and other print and electronic publications.
To review your search, you can hire a registered patent attorney to assist. A preliminary search will help one better prepare to talk about their invention and other related inventions with a professional patent attorney. In addition, the attorney will not spend too much time or money on patenting basics.