International Business Machines Corporation (Armonk, NY)
A typical operation could comprise the receiving of an input comprising an endorsement policy, a structure of a blockchain network, and requirements for degrees of faults to be accepted and transforming the input received into intermediate data that includes the identifiers of variables that represent the fault states of nodes of the blockchain network, and limitations on the fault states of the nodes as a result of the endorsement policy and demands for the degrees of faults that are acceptable which negate a subset of the restrictions on the intermediate data determining whether a blockchain which follows the endorsement policy and the requirements for the degrees of faults is blockchain-integral based on all the possible fault states and displaying results of the decision on the display screen.
A central database is an area that holds and stores data. This is usually an integrated computing system such as a mainframe or server. The data stored in a central database is typically accessible through multiple locations. Multiple users, or client workstations, have access to the database via the configuration of a server/client. A central database because of its central location, is simple to maintain and control particularly in terms of security. Within a centralized database, data integrity is enhanced and redundancy is minimized as a single storing place of all data also means that any given collection of data has one primary record. This allows data to be as precise and consistent as it is possible and increases data reliability.
A centralized database has a number of drawbacks. A database that is centralized is an example. It has one source of failure. If there isn’t a fault tolerance configuration in place, and a hardware malfunction occurs, all the data stored in the database is lost and all activities of the users will be affected. Centralized databases are dependent on internet connectivity. As a result, the more slow the Internet connection, the more the time required for each database access.Another drawback is that bottlenecks may occur when the central database experiences high traffic. Furthermore, the centralized database provides limited access to information because only one active and productive copy of the data is stored. This means that multiple users will not have access to the same piece of data at the same time without creating problems such as overwriting the data. Central databases are not in any way redundant, and it can be difficult to retrieve data that has been lost in a sudden manner.
Innovators are exploring ways to utilize Blockchain to change the way storage is done and create a decentralized storage system. This applies to global supply chains, financial services and healthcare. With the help of storage numerous industry executives have noticed substantial business benefits, including greater transparency, better security, increased traceability, improved efficiency and speedy transactions and lower costs.
Before any data (e.g. transactions) can be stored on a Blockchain, must be approved by the majority of nodes in the network. Hyperledger Fabric is a blockchain infrastructure that supports an application-specific, customizableconsensus protocol (which is referred to as an endorsement policy) which can support diverse blockchain applications. It can be difficult to determine that the network which implements the endorsement policy is in compliance with requirements like Byzantine fault tolerance, and the like. There is a mechanism to ensure that the customizable endorsement policies are being implemented as well as the networks they are placed in.
One embodiment could include an electronic storage device that could store an input that includes an endorsement policy and the structure of a Blockchain network and the requirements for Blockchain. A processor can transform the input into intermediate information which includes fault states of nodes on blockchains, constraints on nodes imposed by endorsement policies and negated Blockchain requirements restrictions on nodes. Examine whether the endorsement policy meets the requirements for the Blockchain requirements, based on the data transformed into intermediate and display the result on a display screen.
Another embodiment might provide a method which comprises the possibility of receiving an input that includes an endorsement policy, the structure of a blockchain network and the prerequisites for a blockchain, transforming the received input intointermediate data including the state of fault of nodes within the blockchain network, constraints on the nodes imposed by the endorsement policy, as well as negative constraints on the nodes due to the blockchain requirements and determining if the endorsement policy is in compliance with blockchain requirements using the intermediate data, and then displaying the outcomes of the determination on the display screen.
Another example embodiment may offer a non-transitory computer-readable medium comprising instructions, that when read by a processor trigger the processor to perform one or more of receiving an input that includes an endorsement policy, astructure of a blockchain, and other requirements for a Blockchain and transforming the input into intermediate data , including fault states of nodes within the blockchain network, constraints on the nodes imposed by the endorsement policy as well as negative constraints on the nodes imposed due to the blockchain requirements, determining if the endorsement policy meets the blockchain requirements using the intermediate data, and showing the results of the determination via an LCD screen.
Click here to view the patent on USPTO website.
Get Patents with PatentPC
What is a patent?
Patents are granted by the government in order to protect an invention. It grants the inventor the rights to develop, use and market the invention. Society benefits when new technologies are brought for sale. Benefits can be realized in direct terms, as it may allow people to do previously impossible things, or indirectly, through the economic opportunities (business growth and employment) which the invention provides.
A lot of pharmaceutical companies and researchers at universities seek patent protection for their work and research. Patents are granted for the creation of a product, process or method of creating new materials. Patent protection has to be granted to an invention that is beneficial unique, innovative, and not already known by others in the same area.
Patents are a way to reward inventors for their commercially profitable inventions. They act as a motivator for inventors to create. Small companies and inventors can be certain that they will receive an excellent return on their investment in technology development. It means that they can make a living by their work.
Companies that are able to:
Secure your products and services
Improve the value, the popularity, and appeal of your products market
Differentiate yourself and your products from the competition.
Get technical and business information.
Avoid accidentally using third-party content or you could lose valuable data, creative outputs, and other outputs.
Patents effectively transform the inventor’s knowledge into a commercially tradeable asset which opens new opportunities for employment creation and business growth through joint ventures or licensing.
Small-scale businesses with patent protection will be more appealing to investors in the development and commercialization of technology.
Patenting may lead to new ideas and new inventions. This information could be eligible for patent protection.
Patents can be used as a deterrent to non-trustworthy third parties who profit from an invention’s successes.
Patent-protected technology revenues that are commercially profitable can be used to finance technology research and development (R&D) which increases the likelihood of improved technology in the future.
Intellectual property ownership is a way to convince investors and lenders that there are legitimate opportunities to commercialize your product. Sometimes, one powerful patent can open the door to multiple financing opportunities. Patents and other IP assets can be used as collateral or security for financing debt. Investors are also able to view your patent assets in order to boost their valuation of your company. Forbes and others have pointed out that every patent can boost the value of your company by as much as $500,000 to $1 million.
A well-constructed business plan is crucial for new businesses. It should be founded on IP and demonstrate how your product/service is distinct. Investors will also be impressed if you show that your IP rights are secure or in the process of becoming secure and that they support your business strategy.
It is important to keep your invention secret until you file for patent protection. Making an invention public prior to its filing often destroy its novelty and make it ineligible for patent protection. Pre-filing disclosures, such as for investors, test-marketing, or other business partners is best done following the signing of a confidentiality agreement.
There are a variety of patents. Understanding these is vital to safeguard your invention. Patents for utility cover processes and machine creations. Design patents cover ornamental designs. Utility patents are best to protect the inventor from copies and competitors. Frequently the utility patents are issued to improve or modify existing inventions. Utility patents can also be used to cover improvements and modifications in existing inventions. For example, a process patent covers acts or methods for performing an action, while chemical compositions will comprise a mixture of components.
What is the typical length of a patent? Utility patents last 20 years from the earliest date of filing, however their expiration dates may be extended because of patent office delays such as.
Are you considering the patent application process for your idea? Patents are only granted to applicants who are the first to file, so you must file quickly. Contact PatentPC now to have your patent application filed!
A patent search is an essential step when you are drafting the patent application. This will enable you to look at different ideas and give you insight into the potential of them. This can help you limit the potential of your invention. It is also possible to find out about the current state of the art within the field you’re inventing. This will help you to understand the scope of your invention and prepare you for filing the patent application.
How to Search for Patents
The first step to get your patent is to do an internet search for patents. You can do a google patent search or do a USPTO search. After the patent application has been submitted, the product that is subject to the patent can be referred to as patent-pending and you can locate the patent application online on the public pair. Once the patent office has approved your application, you will be able to do the lookup of a patent number and locate the patent issued. Your product now has the potential to be patentable. Alongside the USPTO search engine, you may also use other search engines like espacenet, which is described below. You can get help from a patent lawyer. In the US Patents are granted by the US patent and trademark office or the United States patent and trademark office, which is also responsible for examining trademark applications.
Are you interested in finding other similar patents? Here are the steps to follow:
1. Brainstorm terms that describe your invention, based on the purpose, composition and application.
Write down a succinct, precise description of your idea. Avoid using generic terms like “device,” “process,” and “system.” Instead, consider synonyms to the terms you chose initially. Next, note important technical terms and keywords.
Utilize the following questions to help you find the keywords or concepts.
- What is the goal of the invention Is it a utilitarian device or an ornamental design?
- Is inventing a method to come up with something or to perform a function? Does it constitute an item?
- What is the structure of the invention? What is the physical structure?
- What’s the objective of the invention?
- What are technical terms and keywords that describe the essence of an invention? To find the correct terms, consult the technical dictionary.
2. Use these terms to search for pertinent Cooperative Patent Classifications for your invention at the Classification Text Search Tool. If you’re not able to determine the correct classification to describe your invention, scan through the class Schemas (class schedules). If you don’t see any results from the Classification Text Search, you might want to think about substituting the words to describe your invention using synonyms.
3. Check the CPC Classification Definition for confirmation of the CPC classification you found. The hyperlink to a CPC classification definition will be given in the event that the title of the classification has a blue box that includes “D” on its left. CPC classification definitions can help you determine the applicable classification’s range so that you can choose the most appropriate. In addition they can provide some tips for searching and other information that could be helpful in further research.
4. The Patents Full-Text Database and the Image Database allow you to retrieve patent documents that include the CPC classification. You can review and find the most relevant patent publications focusing first on the abstract and drawings representative of.
5. Take advantage of this list of most relevant patent publications to look at each in detail for similarities to your own invention. Be sure to read the claims and specification. You may find additional patents by referring to the patent examiner as well as the applicant.
6. Search for patent applications that have been published using the CPC classification you selected in Step 3 from the Applications Full-Text and Image Database. It is also possible to use the same method of search that you utilized in Step 4 to narrow your results to the most relevant patent applications by reviewing the abstracts and representative drawings on every page. Then, you must carefully review the patent applications published, paying particular attention to the claims as well as additional drawings.
7. You can look up other US patent publications using keyword search in AppFT or PatFT databases, and search for patents classified as not from the United States in the following table. Also, you can use web search engines to search for non-patent-related literature disclosures about inventions. Here are some examples:
- Add keywords to your search. Keyword searches may turn up documents that are not well-categorized or have missed classifications during Step 2. For example, US patent examiners often supplement their classification searches with keyword searches. Think about the use of technical engineering terminology rather than everyday words.
- Search for foreign patents using the CPC classification. Then, re-run the search using international patent office search engines such as Espacenet, the European Patent Office’s worldwide patent publication database of over 130 million patent publications. Other national databases include:
- European Patent Office (EPO) provides esp@cenet to access a network of Europe’s patent databases with access to machine translation of European patents.
- Japan Patent Office (JPO) – with access to machine translations of Japanese patents.
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) offers PATENTSCOPE with a full-text search of published international patent applications and machine translations for some documents, as well as a list of international patent databases.
- Korean Intellectual Property Rights Information Service (KIPRIS)
- State Intellectual Property Office (SIPO) with machine translation of Chinese patents.
- Other International Intellectual Property Offices with online patent databases include Australia, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, India, Israel, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, and Taiwan.
- Search non-patent literature. Inventions can be made public in many non-patent publications. It is recommended that you search journals, books, websites, technical catalogs, conference proceedings, and other print and electronic publications.
To review your search, you can hire a registered patent attorney to assist. A preliminary search will help one better prepare to talk about their invention and other related inventions with a professional patent attorney. In addition, the attorney will not spend too much time or money on patenting basics.